REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CATO02411330
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Technical Trainer and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Toronto, Ontario.
As a Technical Trainer, you will be responsible for employee development across a wide variety of skills including equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing on the Job Training (OJT) to maintenance staff in all aspects of their role.
- Conducting formal classroom and one-on-one instruction.
- Supporting and implementing training sessions to improve skills, knowledge, and competencies of maintenance employees.
- Recommending changes to training programs, providing input on improvements, and updating documentation.
- Working closely with Failure Analysts and Supervisors to aid employee skills development and identify opportunities for content updates.
- Monitoring new hire progression during their probationary period.
- Communicating results and providing immediate feedback and coaching to employees.
- Conducting safety inspections during onsite visits.
- Planning and scheduling required training to ensure deadlines are met.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Good knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems; equipment maintenance, CLCI and HVAC is an asset;
- Proficient in MS Office
- Very strong communication skills (English perfectly spoken and written).
Traveling: Role will be based across both Etobicoke and Whitby maintenance sites.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.