TECHNICAL TRAINING MANAGER, INTEGRATED DATA ENVIRONMENT
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence. This position will be responsible for the effective leadership and management of business transformation change to support Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) implementation.
The Technical Training Manager, Integrated Data Environment will be responsible for developing training plans, develop training material and deliver training for the Product Lifecycle Management implementation. This position will report to the Business Architect and will be responsible for:
This is a permanent full-time position located in Halifax, NS.
- Providing effective leadership and management of the IDE business transformation change to support CSC ship design and manufacturing at Irving Shipbuilding Inc.
- Select or create training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and computer tutorials.
- Manage, lead power-user, end-user training for DND, ISI, Fleetway for the following Business Capability areas – Design Tool, Product Lifecycle Management, Material Requirements Planning, Cable Routing and Nesting Tool.
- Deliver individual and group training covering technical and operational aspects for the Product Lifecycle Management implementation.
- Develop training programs and/or utilize vendor training programs, which meet ISI’s goals and objectives.
- Create training outlines and determine teaching methods, specific to effectiveness of training methods such as individual training, group instructions, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Coordinating the scheduling, planning and conduct of assigned integration activities in support of program milestones
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
- Actively seek opportunities to influence partner, customer and internal stakeholders.
- Create training needs analysis and provide advice on training for system change and upgrades
- Ensuring projects meet objectives on time and on budget.
- Lead, manage a team of training specialists that create training material and delivering for the above business capability areas.
- Developing plans, processes and procedures as required in support of program requirements.
- Lead training plan development, identification of training requirements and roll out of training.
- Supporting JDI IT Technical Project Managers responsible for delivering and implementing technical PLM solutions to business problems.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard, Fleetway, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives)
- Supporting a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the CSC Program
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or other tertiary qualifications in a discipline of Business or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of teaching and/or facilitating experience
- Must have Shipbuilding experience
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong Technical skills and familiarity with DND/RCN terminology is desirable
- Excellent communication skills - listening, written and oral
- Excellent understanding of delivering training practices
- Previous practical experience working with data and reporting
- Ability to demonstrate systems analysis skills, critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong communication skills with internal (Shipyard, Fleetway, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives)
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Experience in the following fields:
- Engineering and/or Project Management on large and complex defense engineering project
- Coordination with a complex organization
- Product Lifecycle Management or Windchill experience is desirable.
- Strong Technical skills and familiarity with DND/RCN terminology
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
For further details, please contact Kristen Drapeau at:
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.