Are you a skilled Technical Writer, experienced in writing technical and business oriented documents? Our Winnipeg client is seeking to hire a talented Technical Writer to join their team, on a long term contract with potential for extension. Apply to this amazing Technical Writer opportunity today!
What’s in it for you!
As a Technical Writer with our Winnipeg client, you’ll receive:
• Highly competitive market hourly rates.
• A 12-month contract with potential for extension.
What will you do?
As a Technical Writer with our Winnipeg client, you will:
• Produce high quality documentation that meets applicable standards.
• Write technical information in a clear, concise manner based on audience needs and level of technical understanding.
• Work with various sources, technical and subject matter experts, to obtain an in-depth understanding of a product or service and the documentation requirements.
• Conduct research and gather information to write and compile technically accurate content.
• Analyze the subject and purpose (or function) of a communication.
• Test procedures against the software to ensure accurate content.
• Analyze existing and potential content.
• Update documentation and coordinate content reviews.
• Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
• Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
• Define/document the structure, connections and relationships of business processes, organizational work groups, data, applications, user interfaces, applications interfaces, and infrastructure and network topology.
How do you qualify?
To qualify for the Technical Writer role with our Winnipeg client, you must have:
• University degree in Computer Science, Commerce, Engineering or an equivalent field.
• 3-5 years’ technical writing experience.
• Visual design and layout skills using a variety of publishing and video development software.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products.
• Ability to test and validate documentation for usability and accuracy.
• Basic understanding of software development and the software development life cycle (SDLC).
What soft skills do you bring?
To qualify for the Technical Writer role with our Winnipeg client, you also need:
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Strong interpersonal, interviewing and listening skills.
If you’re a tech-savvy professional, with a talent for adapting complex technical concepts for a variety of audiences in written and visual format, then the Technical writer role with our Winnipeg client could be the perfect opportunity for you!
For more information, please contact your local Randstad Technologies recruiter or click the Apply button now!