Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Place Ville Marie
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the effective management of revenue generated by customer service and parking operations, as well as the various activities related to rental income within the complex.
The incumbent also assists the property administrator in processing various documents (leases, contracts, special agreements) in order to identify revenue streams other than base rent and ensure the required analysis processes are in place for these sources of income.
Customer service revenue:
Oversee invoicing for revenue related to customer service operations:
Review the monthly invoice validation report for bills and/or credits for service calls and have the Tenant Service Centre agent make any required changes;
- Check requested corrections to previously invoiced service calls and the various steps involved in the process up to and including the issuing of invoices to tenants;
- Prepare and monitor monthly customer service contracts in terms of invoicing (monthly or based on rent roll) and the recording of these costs in the appropriate expense categories;
- Answer questions related to invoices for various types of service calls following the analysis of the required documentation;
- Assist the property administrator in the annual budget preparation process for customer service–related expenses and revenues, as well as other sources of income and all other requests involving the budget process.
- Ensure that parking-related invoices properly allocate expenses based on rent roll charges and the monthly report submitted by the parking garage manager. Update figures in accordance with lease provisions, increases in parking rates and tenant move-ins/move-outs. Prepare and send correspondence to tenants regarding these changes;
- Regularly update lease information in the rent roll as it pertains to parking provisions; provide instructions to the person in charge of entering information into the lease system.
- Work with accounts receivables staff to follow up on invoice balances that are outstanding for 60 days or more for office and retail cost centres. Take action to resolve the situation, draw problems to property administrators’ attention and update the comments in the JDE accounts receivable system accordingly;
- In conjunction with accounts receivable staff, ensure bank credit letters are kept up to date.
- Assist the administrator with variance analysis reports and any other requests related to expense management;
- Search for information in current leases as requested (operations, special initiatives, etc.) and analyze the findings;
- With operations, legal and risk management staff, coordinate collection of outstanding receivables from tenants and third parties (call tenants, send correspondence and follow up on invoices);
- Analyze telecommunications reports, issue invoices and update the necessary documents;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- College diploma (DEC) in administration;
- Four to five years of related experience in administration (important). Experience in real estate management is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of JD Edwards an asset;
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- Bilingual (French and English);
- Customer service mindset;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to work in a computerized environment;
- People-oriented, dynamic, self-motivated, self-sufficient and resourceful.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.