DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currenly seeking a Bookkeeper for our growing Assurance and Accounting team. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Assurance and Accounting team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with the Accounting team to execute full cycle bookkeeping and administrative duties for MNP clients
- Prepare and maintain payroll and related government remittances/filings, process ROEs, recording of sales, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable, Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) reporting
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL and Subledger accounts, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, GST, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, intercompany and inventory.
- Monitor and update budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare month-end and quarter-end balancing and reporting requirements, timely and accurately
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, discuss with manager or engagement partner and develop resolutions to resolve issues and errors
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments and installments
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
- Develop and maintain relationships direct team members
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Possess three (3) to five (5) years of full cycle bookkeeping experience
- Completion of certificate or diploma in accounting would be considered an asset
- Ability to administer and understand full cycle accounting in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with project / job cost accounting and working within the Forest Industry will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of trial balances, general ledger (GL) databases, financial statement close processes and accounting matters
- Understanding of payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on a manual and computerized system(s)
- Experience working with accounting software, primarily Sage 50 (Simply) and Quickbooks, as well as Sage 300, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills and computer literacy, proficient in Excel and effective working skills of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.