Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at June 30, 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Finance Corporate Accounting
Position type: Contract (Until end of december 2019)
Reporting to the Coordinator, Supplier Accounts, the incumbent is responsible for recording accounting transactions related to corporate and property services.
- Sort invoices by property and return incomplete documents to the respective property managers for follow-up;
- Enter accounts payable into the system, with or without a purchase order;
- Ensure compliance with the established delegation of authority;
- Enter interco invoices into the accounts payable system; print and submit the corresponding bank transfer requests;
- Make sure all JDE system batches, submitted the day before for approval, have been recorded;
- Check due dates on incoming, pending and holdback invoices;
- Attach invoices to cheques;
- Issue cheques;
- Ensure signatures comply with the delegation of authority;
- Ensure adherence to all policies and standards concerning capital projects, including holdback management;
- Review outstanding cheques and deposits on a weekly basis and follow up as necessary;
- Reconcile bank transactions;
- Communicate effectively with internal clients and suppliers;
- Ensure documents are properly filed in accordance with company policy;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- College diploma in administration;
- One to three years of accounting experience;
- Intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of JDE a considerable asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Outgoing, dynamic, organized and self-motivated;
- Team player committed to continuous quality improvement.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.