Primarily a sales position, the Technology Sales Supervisor will partner with management to determine and deliver on daily financial / non financial goals for Capital Goods (Divisions 1, 2, 3). Assesses and evaluates direct reports, and takes a lead role in providing guidance, training and coaching on company initiatives, sales programs and product knowledge to maximize sales and earnings. The Technology Sales Supervisor will work actively with management to develop and reinforce the selling culture, leverage customer relationships to drive sales, and uphold company merchandising standards in partnership with the Sales Support Supervisor or Sales Support Lead.
- Partners with management to identify and achieve short and long term goals for the technology department. Ensures team understands connection between store financial success and bonus programs.
- Leads and models selling in the technology and furniture departments and cultivates a selling culture with associates working in the departments in order to achieve current goals and targets.
- Maximizes department sales opportunities by leveraging the sales capabilities of the Technology associates by using current selling techniques and company programs.
- Effectively resolves customer concerns and escalates to management when appropriate.
- Provide management with relevant sales information. Actions stock level concerns and product problems and follows up with home office as required.
- Assesses team member selling and technical skill sets and provides training as needed.
- Prepares quotes on systems and related products where required.
- Participates in the recruitment, hiring and onboarding processes within their department.
- Accountable for training and coaching associates in all aspects of sales and customer engagement.
- Partners with management to execute Performance Development Reviews (PDR’s) in a timely manner, ensures action plans are in place and follows up on development of associates.
- Partners with management to performance manage direct reports including documentation.
- Capable to follow RUSCOMP procedures effectively and trains others to do so.
- Maintains and directs team to uphold company merchandising standards, including current pricing, signage, plan-o-grams, promotional planners, ad set-ups and displays.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Accountable to understand general company policies and provide guidance to staff as needed.
- Ensures associates check and understand all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Ensures the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained.
- Responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and are required to inform management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
LOSS PREVENTION / PRIVACY
- Proactively models and ensures team's understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies.
- Models and ensures team properly secures company assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures.
- As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
- Sales Leadership 80%
- General Leadership 15%
- Loss Prevention / Privacy 5%
- Demonstrates strong selling ability.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Capacity to communicate with clients effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to resolve clients concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively to handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- 3+ years of Technology Sales experience.
- 1-3 years in a supervisory role with direct accountability for achieving sales and service targets is preferred.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a technical field is preferred.
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress may occur.
- A moderate amount of physical effort is required while placing merchandise, however, you are capable of choosing when to stop and relax.
- Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
- Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as directed by management.