“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
The Package Delivery Driver position is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Package Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills. Some UPS facilities may require the ability to drive a delivery vehicle with a standard (manual) transmission. Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s G or higher license issued in the state of Ontario. Package Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided vest.
Job Type:Full-Time – Temporary (with a possibility of becoming a permanent role in the future)
Work Location: 2900 Steeles Avenue West, Concord, ON L4K 3S2
Workdays:Tuesday to Saturday
Shift Start:Between 9:00AM and 11:00AM
Shift Duration:8-12 hours per day
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver and pick-up packages in an efficient and effective manner
- Follow and execute company-established safe/defensive driving methods
- Assist with loading/unloading the trucks as required
- Record, track and maintain information about delivered packages
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance and 150 lbs. (68kg) with assistance
- Ability to read and navigate with maps/map books
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract showing:
No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- Delivery experience (will be considered an asset)
Compensation and Benefits:
- $18.00/hr (base rate of $16.00 + an hourly bonus of $2.00)
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
Exposed to hot/cold temperatures when working outdoors.
Wear a company-provided vest and adhere to the company’s Appearance Guidelines.
In our industry this position is also known as Courier, Delivery Driver, Personal Vehicle Driver, etc.