Terminal Operator, Clavet, SK
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career while earning a competitive salary and great benefits.
What you will do:
- Operating a liquid and dry fertilizer terminal that handles 3-400,000 Tons of dry and liquid fertilizer a year
- Unloading rail cars and loading trucks with dry and liquid fertilizer
- Operating equipment including front end loader, man lift, & skid steer
- Operate and monitor equipment in an industrial setting both computerized and non-computerized
- Routine preventative maintenance and inspection of liquid fertilizer equipment and manufacturing process equipment
- Maintenance of site equipment including pumps, conveyors, bucket elevators, valves, & piping
- Understanding and following procedures as they apply to maintenance and operations
- Provide courteous and professional service to customers at all times
- Complete documentation on inventory as products enter and leave the site
- Writing and maintaining procedures manuals
- Periodic supervision of casual staff & contractors
- Maintain site cleanliness and appearance
- Work shift work or overtime hours during peak shipping seasons
- Caretaker of EH&S procedures, as required
- On call on some evenings and weekends to monitor 24-hour truck loading
What you will bring:
- Must be motivated and able to work in a team environment, exhibit strong decision making and problem-solving skills, and have sound written and verbal communication skills
- General equipment knowledge with a background in an industrial safety culture
- Procedure writing knowledge and skills ensuring procedures are current, correct and meet corporate and provincial safety standards
- Computer skills including SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, and email
- Require a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma
- 2-5 years opeating and maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to operate heavy equipment including skid steer, lifts, and front-end loader
- Maintenance specific skills are an asset (electrical, mechanical, welding etc.)
- Must be willing to travel for training courses
- Work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter