Provide terminology consultation services to Translation Services approved suppliers, internal clients and Translation Services colleagues. Carry out terminology research (establishment of terms specific to a field of activity, definition of terms, and establishment of equivalents in another language) on current texts, consequently guaranteeing the quality and uniformity of translators’ final product. Enrich the terminology database.
A. Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
- Execute terminology research in response to Translation Services approved suppliers’ questions arising from on-going translation requests and provide quality answers in a timely manner.
- Establish priority of these questions, reprioritizing in light of changing requirements and supporting suppliers working on urgent texts.
- Record project terminology in the terminology database in order to update and enrich for consistency of French-language terminology across the Bank.
- Establish terminology lists requested by specific clients.
- May occasionally execute translation and revision (vetting) of short texts.
B. Internal Business Partner & Third Party Relationship Management
- Provide answers to linguistic questions from Translation Services’ approved suppliers, internal clients and Translation Services colleagues.
- Collaborate proactively with Translation Services colleagues.
- Communicate and collaborate fully with Senior Terminologist.
- Provide Translation Services approved suppliers with specific references.
- Assist Senior Terminologist occasionally.
- Establish a network of BMO resource-persons and other terminologists within the industry.
C. Risk Management & Control
- Mitigate reputation risks related to language issues. Acts in line with BMO’s intent to comply with Quebec’s legislation to protect the French language, in order to avoid embarrassment to BMO, legislative action or loss of business through a failure to adhere to the prescribed standards.
- Identify new vocabulary and terminology in current texts.
- Contribute at maintaining an up-to-date terminology database by creating and modifying terminology records.
D. Change and innovation
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of existing operational methods and workflows by identifying and recommending process improvements.
- File paper and electronic documentation and marketing materiel used as references.
- University degree in Translation with strong interest for terminology.
- Bilingualism in French and English (written and spoken) including French language expertise and excellent understanding of written English
- 2 to 3 years of related experience
- Good knowledge of the banking field and of other relevant fields, such as accounting, securities, finance and legal
- In-depth knowledge of BMO’s environment (culture, principles, policies, etc.).
- Sound research and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Ability to meet the demands of a deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.