We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
National Tire Distributors is Canada's leading Tire Distribution Company. A key element of our success has always been our people. As part of our team philosophy, we coach, support and help develop all of our employees to become the best they can be! If you're looking for a career that will challenge you, a job that will offer growth, and a progressive employer, then National Tire Distributors Inc. (NTD) is the right place for you!
The primary responsibility of a successful Territory Manager will include meeting assigned sales, gross margin, and collections targets for the assigned territory and should be able to develop and execute a sales/collections plan to achieve these targets. The TM will be responsible for growing sales revenue and gross profit for the assigned territory and for achieving the AR collections target, will acquire new business with accounts currently not purchasing from NTD, identify new sales leads and contacts prospective customers (via cold calling, location visits, networking, and other leading generation techniques) to develop initial relationships and make sales presentations and create strategic plans of action to gain account shares with new retailers – while strengthening shares of accounts where we have room to grow with existing programmed dealers and finally attend local or regional trade events to enhance market visibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for growing sales revenue and gross profit for the assigned territory.
- Responsible for achieving the AR collections target for the assigned territory.
- Acquire new business with accounts currently not purchasing from NTD. Identify new sales leads and contacts prospective customers (via cold calling, location visits, networking, and other leading generation techniques) to develop initial relationships and make sales presentations.
- Create strategic plans of action to gain account shares with retailers where we do not have such today – while strengthening shares of accounts where we have room to grow with existing programmed dealers.
- Train dealers to develop sales through strategies to improve their business.
- Travel throughout the geographic area of the assigned territory. Travel to the Solution Center or other Distribution Centers as determined by Management.
- Support the Solution Center by answering phones as required.
- Develop and champion corporate image/reputation. Protect and develop the NTD brand via suitable promotional activities.
- Attend local or regional trade events to enhance market visibility.
- Gather business intelligence and share with Sales team
- Populate CRM with all relevant data
Experience that Best Prepares You:
- Prior work experience in sales preferred but not required.
- Some combination of tire industry, auto dealership industry, and training experience preferred.
- Think Strategically and Innovatively: identify and act on ideas which further the company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
- Act Collaboratively: communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments.
- Communicate Effectively: communicate clearly and concisely, while adjusting communication style to improve performance
- Demonstrate Respect: handle all business matters ethically
- Be Accountable for Results: assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
- Be knowledgeable of the manufacturer programs and NTD Value Added programs while working with customers to maximize sales opportunities
- Be knowledgeable of current materials, methods, technology and practices of the company, including but not limited to:
- Professional Selling Skills (PSS) – completion of the company required training and the application of the concepts and philosophies.
- NTD Value Proposition – the ability to develop a practical knowledge of the Value Proposition and proficient in communicating the features and benefits to the customer.
- Be able to create business solutions that meet customer needs and directly impact the customer’s bottom line.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Strong negotiating skills and capabilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Able to carry out oral and written instructions
- Functional knowledge of the use of a laptop
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
80% of the time, with travel throughout the territory and overnight stays. Travel to Distribution Centers destinations will be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!