Tree of Life has been growing brands in Canada for over 70 years. We have unparalleled category expertise in our industry, serving brand partners, customer and consumers, “Helping Canada Eat Well and Live Well”. We are a flexible, full-service route to market with access to over 95% of where food is sold and served across Canada. Selling, marketing and logistics are core areas of expertise. For more information please visit our website at http://www.treeoflife.ca
OUR TREE OF LIFE:
- Engage in a Purpose - We are a company built on values and committed to serving our communities. Corporately we donate 10% of our profits every year. We measure our success both in terms of the impact we are having on the care community and on the engagement of our employees along the journey. We serve to make lives better.
- Make an Impact Every Day - Every person in our organization is empowered to make a difference.
- Grow -With new clients being added all the time and a changing retail landscape, there are always new opportunities to gain experience.
- Contribute to a People First Culture – We Mean It! - Our success in the market is our people. We know it, we value it and we all work hard to make Tree of Life an amazing place to work.
- We Have Fun and We Value Health- We have a wellness program and wellness champions and yes, it’s OK to find time in the day to go for a walk. We also have flexible work hours for office employees and the ability to purchase some of our health and wellness products at significant discounts (you can also buy our gourmet products at the same discount but that would be more yummy than healthy).
The Territory Manager position is primarily responsible for product sales to a set of customers. The Territory Manager sells product by suggesting new items, line extensions and new placements, presenting promotional opportunities and displays to store management, suggesting items for cross merchandising, identifies and pursues opportunities to increase sales of current and new items. The position also has responsibility for receiving product and/or stocking shelves. As with all positions at Tree of Life Canada we expect that all actions will be consistent with Tree of Life Canada’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- This position covers a territory including Outaouais, Renfrew, Pembroke, Ottawa and Mont-Laurier
- Conduct sales calls, merchandise and explain product set to appropriate retail store locations
- Present and sell new items, new placements, and recommend item replacement for slow or discontinued items
- Present available promotional opportunities
- Propose items for cross-merchandising
- Using independent judgment and sales techniques to recognize and increase sales
- Present and sell items for seasonal, holiday, or other displays to maximize revenue
- Stock, merchandise, and ensure proper placement and rotation of product
- Maintain adequate inventory level by removing out-of-date or un-saleable products and reorder as necessary
- Audit store shelves to ensure shelf tags are in place, identify slow or discontinued items, and write / transmit orders for replenishment
- All GAP data must be updated after every call
- Participate in resets and/or promotional / marketing planning for assigned customers
- Prepare and process all paperwork and reports including, but not limited to, sales activity reports, handwritten orders, credits, and expense reports
- Resolve store issues by working with store management and enlist appropriate company support
- Attend and participate in Trade Shows as requested
- Maintain store information and territory route lists to be current
- Maintain strong product knowledge
- Other duties and special projects as requested
- Minimum of two (2) years sales/marketing experience in food sector or consumer packaged products preferred
- Must have High School Diploma. Proficiency in MS Office required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales or Marketing preferred
- Bilingual in French and English languages (spoken and written)
- Must have current and valid driver’s license and proof of insurance and be able to travel
- Technical skills (computer literacy)
- Should have ability to prioritize multiple tasks with high energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted tasks in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Should have strong organization and time management skills with ability to work independently without direct on-site supervision
- Sales oriented with strong communication skills (oral and written) with above average presentation skills
Tree of Life Canada ULC is an Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We are committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. When your interview is being scheduled, please advise the Recruiter of how we might be able to support your participation.