Procter & Gamble is seeking a highly-motivated individual for a Territory Manager Position with our P&G Professional Organization.
P&G Professional is a leading manufacturer and marketer of away from home products and solutions.
P&G Professional Territory Managers sell, install, and maintain cleaning products to building service contractors, hotels, health care facilities, restaurants, schools and work closely with our distributor partners. They work alongside our distributor partners to sell to a variety of end-users in the “away from home” industry and later proceed with the install and servicing of P&G Professional chemical dispensing equipment.
The sales process begins with understanding our commercial customers’ (distributor or end-user) business, then utilizing available information (P&G and customers’) to explain the business building opportunities, and, finally persuading our customer to accept the recommendation for one or more specific courses of action.
The role’s key objectives are focused on territory development by jointly selling alongside our distributor representatives and independently installing and servicing the dispensing equipment, while retaining current business. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a multi-functional team which includes experts in Finance, Logistics, Marketing, Service, and Information Systems to provide the resources needed to develop a new and successful way of doing business.
- Lead the sale of P&G Professional products by selling solutions to end users to improve their operations.
- Work with distributor partners to sell new end users in your territory and manage existing customers relationship.
- Install On-Premise Laundry, Daily Cleaning and Mechanical Warewash chemical dispensing equipment, including flush manifolds and housekeeping dispensers.
- Independently program laundry machines equipped according to the end users requirements
- Understand the chemistry involved in the washing process and the interaction of the different chemical and physical parameters that influence the end-result
- Provide ongoing service for installed equipment to include preventive maintenance and reactive service calls
- Train end-user customer employees on PGP products, programs, procedures and equipment functionality
- Must be flexible to meet emergency needs based on customer requests, surge work, and new customer rollouts. Work should be planned to maximize time and routing to minimize repeat trips in the same areas.
We are seeking applicants who:
- Are problem solvers as well as excellent communicators.
- Have demonstrated sales leadership results
- Proficient working knowledge of a computer, Microsoft Office is required.
- The ability to speak/write English and French (Quebec) proficiently is required.
- A valid driver's license and clean drivers abstract is required
- Previous experience in Janitorial, Sanitation, or Food Service sales and/or service areas is a plus, but not required.
- Basic understanding of a wiring diagram, schematics, and power tools is preferred, but not required.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred but is not required.
In order to effectively perform the job duties described above, all applicants should reside in and have a detailed knowledge of the territory, as relocation is not a paid expense.
Pleasenote this will be a full-time contract position. At the end ofthe 12 month contract, based on performance, fit, and Company need,P&G may consider making the contract position permanent.
Sponsorship for work authorization is not available for this role. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are authorized to work in the location to which they apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Please apply on P&G Careers and complete your assessment as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume as a PDF document and ensure your full name is included in the document name.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please click here to submit your request.