Springs Window Fashions has been part of the window treatments industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over 8,000 associates and 18 locations worldwide. Our products are available in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings. Our company is privately owned with products marketed across a broad portfolio of brands including Bali, Graber, SunSetter and Mecho. We pride ourselves as “The Best Experience Company”, striving to provide the best experience for our consumers, channel partners, and associates.
Responsible for meeting or exceeding budgeted sales of Springs Window Fashions products to home fashions dealers / interior decorators / designers and builders within their assigned territory. Also, the individual will solicit and maintain favorable contacts with current and potential dealers / decorators / designers and builders within a sales territory.
- 70%- Call on window covering / home fashion dealers, interior decorators / designers and builders within an assigned territory and increase sales of SWF products.
- 10%- Conduct sales training and seminars to create favorable acceptance of SWF products.
- 5%- Consistently handle customer complaints with diplomacy, tact and understanding to maintain customer loyalty and friendship.
- 5%- Develop and maintain competitive analysis to include product details, product pricing, marketing strategies and strengths/weaknesses. Keep informed of competitive activities and communicate competitive environment within territory to Business Unit Manager.
- 5%- Keep accurate up-to-date records; report expenses as required. Uphold company guidelines regarding travel and entertainment to assure profitable operation. Understand and adhere to company sales & personnel policies and procedures.
- 5%- Attend training sessions and sales meetings to expend product knowledge, and understanding of company operations. Recommend product improvement of Marketing.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2 years sales experience required, 4+ years of experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent sales personality - even tempered, aggressive, sincere, outgoing and friendly
- Must possess basic understanding of human behavior and communicate verbally with confidence and expertise
- Must be able to travel regularly by car and occasionally by commercial airline
- Depending on the territory, some positions may require 2 -5 nights of overnight travel each month
- Should have good, basic analytical and mathematical ability and good organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Creative selling is essential; must have imagination and innovative ideas in order to recognize and respond to customer’s needs
- Communications must be carefully planned and timed. Must sell self as well as product, which necessitates promptness and a projection of cheerfulness, consideration and sincerity
- Represent SWF in a manner that adds value to the product offering
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Optimize Work Processes
- Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement