|Reference # :||18-06339||Title :||Test Automation Architect x3|
|Location :||Mississauga, ON|
|Position Type :||Part Time/Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||09/17/2018 / 09/16/2019|
|Test Automation Architect|
12 Month Contract
Extension Possible: Yes
We need someone to work with QA portfolio teams (QA & Dev) to help define, improve & drive platform specific testing strategies. This role will provide recommendations for optimizing testing delivery with technical solutions / capabilities such as automation, service virtualization, automated data, etc. As part of this role, you'll develop & support continuous testing framework and related activities mentioned below. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
1. Develop thorough understanding of the application architecture, development lifecycle and roadmap
2. Identify areas of optimization and propose potential technical solutions to achieve faster delivery with improved effectiveness at lower cost. For example, through adopting test automation, service virtualization, automated visual verification, etc.
3. Drive consensus amongst Delivery and Testing team on proposed solutions and finalize implementation roadmap
4. Introduce new testing capabilities and approaches to platforms
5. Support platform QA teams on aligning required talent mix to implement the optimized testing strategy (help identify skill mix required / gaps, and conduct technical interviews)
6. Enable governance through standardized metrics, measurements collection and reporting
7. Enhance automation framework to support the optimized test strategy for the platform and maintain it
8. Participates in test automation competency growth, R&D and tools development in line with latest industry standards
9. Mentoring and training other test automation engineers
10. Build, maintain test environments. monitor, trouble shoot, triage, resolve issues.
1. Comprehensive software test engineering experience (Test Automation, Functional and non - functional testing and in-depth software development knowledge)
2. Experience designing test frameworks for test automation and testing in general
3. Skilled in open source test automation framework and tools.
4. Ability Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain complex automated test cases
5. Exposure to development environment & tools.
6. Experience and / or working knowledge in DevOps, Service Virtualization, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Python, Java, Java Script, Web services etc.
7. Readiness to serve as an advisor to management and team to provide expertise on leveraging testing assets and practices
8. 8+ years overall experience. 2+ year as a test architect or similar capacity, 5+ years in automation (UI, API & Mobile),
9. Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate. Computer Science Degree preferred.
Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
Embrace change and witness amazing things happen ? from the inside
1. Comprehensive software test engineering experience (Test Automation, Functional and non - functional testing and in-depth software development knowledge) : 6 years
2. Skilled in open source test automation framework and tools such as Selenium , APM, Rest assured : 5 years
3. Ability to Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain complex automated test cases: 8 years
4. Solid Java development experience: 4 years
5. Experience in DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Git, Jira, Web services etc: 3 years
6. Experience as a test architect or similar capacity: 3 years
7. Experience in automation (UI, API & Mobile): 6 years
8. Executive level communication skills: Yes
Nice to Have:
1. Very good experience with Service Virtualization
2. Java script, Python
3. Previous Bank experience