Click here to apply online
During the pandemic you can work remotely, and possibly after the pandemic too. Our Vaughan-based client is a premier brand in medical diagnostics and a global leader in the development of best-in-class technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges to improve our world. They have engaged ROSS to help them recruit a Test Automation Developer.
This is a 6 Month Contract with likely extension to 1-2 years and convert to permanent employment is possible.
The candidate will leverage their past experience and technical background to plan and conduct all levels of verification against our software products within an agile team development team. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the products meet a defined exit criteria that abide by our development practices. The candidate will the necessary tools and agile processes to assist developers, ensure that the products work as expected, assist with the evaluation and management of tools, frameworks and verification environments.
The ideal candidate is an individual who is passionate about software quality and always searching for ways to ferret out critical issues that most others would not consider. The candidate is a confident & self-motivated individual who is unafraid to be a vocal advocate of high quality to ensure that the finished product is an effective one throughout the product development lifecycle. The candidate should be forward-thinking and focused on optimization, effectiveness, and the evolution of our testing environment. The candidate will excel at this position if they are strong verbal communicators with a love for learning and exploring new software applications.
- Experience with creating test plans and test cases, as well as automation of test cases
- Familiar with automation framework design and development
- Ability to design relevant test cases based on realistic customer workflows
- Knowledgeable in automation software tools, concepts, and application including: SoapUI, Selenium, Python, API testing, Postman, Unit testing
- Experience with AWS Development Operations tools and concepts: Jenkins, CI/CD pipeline, BitBucket
- Knowledge with Cloud backend development: C#, Ruby, Node.js, Java
- Experience with Agile Scrum/Kanban processes, and work management tools: JIRA, Confluence
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or B.Eng. in Software Engineering and/or 3 to 5 years of related experience is desired
- Nice-to-have: Knowledge of Biochemistry, mass spectrometer technologies, and analytical chemistry SW is desired
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are an absolute necessity
- Experience working with remote teams is desired
- A strong interest and quick learner in new software technologies relating to SaaS
- Excellent problem solving skills using a logical methodology
- Ability to perform exploratory and/or statistical analysis to derive insight from data
- Understanding of verification requirements for regulated environments preferred
- Verifying that our client’s software products fully meets the given requirements that comply with regulatory, business and customer expectations
- Verification and/or Validation of product robustness through a structured testing process and by exploratory methods
- Continued development, improvement, and growth of the automation framework
- Creation, maintenance, and execution of automated product test suites
- Metrics management of verification progress, project issues, risks, and requirements
- Clearly document and communicate issues found during testing to facilitate corrective action by developers and/or designers
- Understand subsystem level requirements and participate in development/design discussions making recommendations to improve verification activities.
- Be a team-player by being accountable to the team, and realizing success is a team win!