During the pandemic you can work remotely. Our Vaughan-based client is a premier brand in medical diagnostics and a global leader in the development of best-in-class technologies that help answer complex scientific challenges to improve our world. They have engaged ROSS to help them recruit a Test Automation Developer in desktop, .NET technologies.
This is a 12 Month Contract with extension/convert to perm possible.
SOFTWARE TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEER
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, likes to work in a very agile environment, and has extensive experience in testing automation for complex C# .Net desktop apps (or Java and desktop apps). The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, documenting, and executing the automated tests for the entire software suite leveraging automation tools and frameworks.
- Drive automated testing architecture, implementation, enhancement and infrastructure.
- Develop, maintain and execute test plans for requirements, user story validation, integration, regression, performance and usability/stress testing
- Research the latest technology automation trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge continuous integration and testing types.
- Build and implement applications/utilities to eliminate any inefficiencies in the testing process. Perform testing/validation on all aspects of implementation of the new system.
- Provide technical leadership to verification teams; write test automation technical design requirements; implement designs from technical specifications; develop test automation architectures; provide technical documentation; translate designs into test scripts.
- This position is responsible for making sure all the automation tests are executed regularly and troubleshoot any failures.
- This position is responsible for designing automation test strategies for complex systems and execute various types of testing (e.g. subsystem, functional, integration, end-to-end) on a variety of instruments to ensure software operation and quality.
- Responsible for Designing automated test reports and metrics
- Mentor verification team members to ensure best automation testing practices are used consistently and evolve following changing technical product specifications and assessment of automation testing assignments
- Provide advanced automated test support to verification specialists in creating fixtures for automation testing.
- Contribute technical insight and expertise to automation test planning, strategic planning, and department-wide automation testing process improvement initiatives.
- Comply with all internal WIs, SOPs, and FDA and industry regulations.
- Utilize the software configuration management system to correctly maintain software files.
- Work with a team of software development and verification personnel to produce high-quality deliverables during the design, implementation, integration, test, and support phases of product development.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
- Must have test automation development experience on desktop (client/server) applications
- Must have either C# .net or Java development skills to program scripts, etc., not just record and play
- Background in Automation Framework Development or contribution to this.
- 3+ years of experience working with testing methodologies and strategies, functional testing, performance, scalability and regression testing.
- Proficiency with and/or familiarity with a variety of software testing tools such as TestComplete, Ranorex, Load Test, Coded UI, Framework for Integrated Test, or "Fit" is helpful.
- Experience with CI/CD principles and build, deploy and version control tools (BitBucket, Git, Bamboo and/or Mercurial.
- Past participation in test planning/execution, test strategy and data definition, data setup, and reporting on defects as well as status and metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of SDLC as well as Agile/Scrum testing methodologies