|Job Description||Test Technician II|
Responsible for setting up tests, supporting test engineering and following compliance standards during test set-up and while performing tests.
- Develop and implement a Brand and Communication strategy, standards and practices company-wide that elicit the behavior, emotion and recognition objectives of the company.
- Setup tests as instructed by the Engineer (installing test ports, strain gauges, load cells, pressure transducers, etc.)
- Support Test engineering during stability or performance testing and validation
- Remove testing equipment and restore machines back to their original condition
- Follow compliance standards during test set-up and when performing a test
- 5S work area
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finish products using hand and power zools.
- Operate or tend automated equipment, such as robotics and fixed automation equipment.
- Operate cranes to transport or position larger parts or weights as required.
- Operate AWP machinery to complete tests or move equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of training and/or experience.
- Must have 2 yrs+ prior electrical and/or hydraulics experience.
- Ability to work outside year-round in all possible weather conditions (hot, cold, snow, rain, etc).
- Ability to read, understand and execute detailed setup instructions provided by Engineer.
- Must be able to interpret assembly and schematic (electrical and hydraulic) drawings to troubleshoot technical problems with subassemblies and finished products.
- Possess problem solving skills to resolve issues. Identify and correct the error, consulting with co-workers or lead if other opinions are required.
- Ability to interact with their supervisor to receive work assignments and to troubleshoot assembly and quality problems. Communicate with co-workers to co-ordinate work and to exchange information about procedures and technical problems.
- Capacity to work independently and/or work with a partner or team to complete large or complex jobs as required. Work in a team environment under the direction of a supervisor as required.
- Ability to use computer applications and prepare memos as needed. Access technical information and enter production or testing data. Must have MS-office experience
- Possess drive and motivation to continuously learn and to maintain a current knowledge of equipment technology, electronics and safety.
- Ability to work with miniature parts (strain gauges, orifices, duetsch connectors, etc.)
- Prior soldering/welding and fabrication experience would be an asset
- Controls experience is an asset