Position: Occupational Therapist
Department:Mental Health - Early Psychosis (Phoenix) Program
Status: Temporary Full-time for approx. 1 year
Hours: Monday to Friday - Days & Evenings, 8 hour shifts,8:30am - 4:30pm and 12:00pm - 8:00pm on Tuesday (hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare, Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital, Halton Region's North Halton Mental Health Clinic, ADAPT, and the Schizophrenia Society of Ontario (Halton Branch) are partnering to implement an Early Intervention in Psychosis Program -- a newly funded Regional Program.We encourage you to be part of this exceptional opportunity. We are looking for experienced and dedicated staff who have a strong clinical background, preferably in acute in-patient psychiatry - adult, or child and adolescent. You will be an exceptional team player, able to work effectively with numbers of different constituencies. Desirable attributes would include a background in working with families, research experience, knowledge of current psychopharmacology, facility in conducting public presentations, and public relations experience.
This is what you'll be doing:
Working as part of a multi-discipline team, which in turn is part of the Halton Region early intervention in psychosis program, you will provide assessment and intervention services to the three clinical teams which constitute the program.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Licensed with the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario required
- MSc in Occupational Therapy
- Member of CAOT preferred
- Knowledge of psychiatric illness and the role of OT in effectively contributing to clients' resumptionof full psycho-social functioning
- Extensive experience working with an acute psychiatric population
- Knowledge of OT assessment tools particularly as these relate to psychosis & schizophrenia, anda creative and imaginative flair with interventions.
- Strong collegial skills with a range of constituencies.
- Extensive experience working with an acute psychiatric population; knowledge of OT assessmenttools particularly as these relate to psychosis & schizophrenia, and a creative and imaginative with interventions.
- Cognitive/perceptual assessment and treatment skills needed.
- Knowledge and experience in-patient focused goal setting and the use of outcome measures.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills needed.
- Experience working with schools and workplaces.
- Must be flexible and show an ability to work collaboratively with all team members.
- Experience in a community hospital setting is considered an asset.
- Valid G Driver's License and access to a vehicle is required to travel within Halton region.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record.
Date Posted: October 22, 2020
Internal Applications due by: October 29, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.