Position:Sr. Financial Analyst, Reporting
Status:Temporary Full-time for approx. 1 year
Hours:Monday-Friday, days, 7.5 hour shifts (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
As a senior member of the general accounting team, and reporting to the Controller, the Sr. Financial Analyst, Reporting will be responsible for ensuring accounting processes support the timely preparation of financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. This includes the development and implementation, in conjunction with the Controller, of best practices and the streamlining of processes to ensure operational efficiency and reporting accuracy. This role will be responsible for supporting the implementation of Meditech Expanse for the general ledger and accounts payable modules.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate cross functionally with financial planning, capital and treasury areas to ensure appropriate and enhanced reporting. This includes but is not limited to ensuring compliance with MIS guidelines, GAAP, and PSAB, as well as the enhancement of existing accounting information and processes
- Coordinate and complete annual Ministry of Health consolidation reporting
- Actively participate in the coordination & completion of monthly and annual financial statements and note disclosures, including creation & review of input materials and support of the annual audit process
- Month end reporting duties including preparation & posting of journal entries, completion & review of monthly account reconciliations and financial results analysis
- Assume a leadership role in identifying and implementing process improvements throughout the department, including policy development
- Engage in Meditech Expanse implementation by supporting the conversion & testing of the general ledger and accounts payable dictionaries, financial data & reporting
- Participate in on-going professional development to maintain current knowledge base related to healthcare, information systems and financial management issues
- Oversee the HHS Purchase Card Program; maintain users and ensure compliance with program
- Ad hoc analysis & reporting for all levels of management
- Other duties as assigned
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Undergraduate degree and a professional accounting designation
- Minimum of 3 years financial reporting experience, exposure to audit is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft office products; advanced excel is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Meditech and / or experience with an integrated financial system is preferred
- Experience in financial system conversion is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be innovative, tactful, detail-oriented and have initiative
- Proven analytical, and organizational skills with the ability to organize, prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Accounting Standards Board (“AcSB”) and Public Sector Accounting Board (“PSAB”) standards for government sector not-for profit organizations (“NPO's”) preferred
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and across management levels to achieve results
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of the purchase to settlement process.
- Working in a hospital environment or other large government sector not-for-profit organization (“NPO”) preferred
- Knowledge of MIS Guidelines (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of taxation regulations as it applies to hospital purchases
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Date Posted:July 14, 2020
Internal applications due by:July 21, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.