Building beautiful homes where people can live their lives to the fullest is something we care deeply about. At Lux Homes Ltd. we believe that true luxury is when people have a home they find both beautiful and perfectly suited to them. We are passionate about offering this to each client, creating luxury homes that will instill a sense of pride and place, for generations.
Luxury home building isn’t just about the construction of that perfect home. It’s about luxury service, from the design to the build, to long after with warranty, maintenance and upgrades. Our own process is about being highly responsive, about being there when you need us. We make sure you always feel that your home is the best it can be!
About the Job Vacancy:
At this time, Lux Homes Ltd. is looking to hire a professional Tile Setter. The ideal candidate will be hard-working, goal-oriented, and able to work well under pressure.
The duties of a Tile Setter will include:
- Assist in initial assessments of project, including materials to be used
- Prepare, clean, and finalize surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, and other adhesives
- Measure and cut tiles based on available space and approved blueprints
- Set tiles in position, align and straighten tiles
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Work with tile strips, marble, granite, and other materials as requested by customers
- Perform post-installation procedures including polishing, cleaning, and checking for sharp edges
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Work with various hand and power cutting tool
- Verify the quality of work to ensure it meets and exceeds client’s expectations
- Assist in apprenticeship training and oversee on-site apprentices and helpers, as needed
A successful candidate must possess the following:
- A Secondary School Diploma
- At least 3 years of experience in tilesetting
- Ability to problem solve and strong attention to details
- Good command of the English language
- Familiarity with workplace safety as well as safe lifting and handling procedures
Compensation and Conditions:
Pay for this position will be $35.00 per hour. A regular work week will consist of 35 hours and overtime may be required with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours/week.
Work will be located at various client sites across the GTA.
How to Apply:
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE OFFICE DIRECTLY AS RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS SUBMITTED MUST BE ASSESSED BY OUR HR DEPARTMENT BEFORE INTERVIEWS ARE SCHEDULED.
Lux Homes Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. However, please note that only those who are qualified will be contacted for an interview. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please notify us during the recruitment process so we can arrange suitable accommodations.
Please visit our website at http://www.luxgroupofcompanies.ca/ to learn more about our services.