Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
MASSIV Automated Systems, an advanced technology based division of Magna International Inc., specializes in the design and build of automated / robotic assembly lines for the automotive industry. Our areas of expertise include hemming (robotic and table top), laser welding, and assembly line welding. Our customers include other divisions within Magna and the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as General Motors, Chrysler and Ford.
We are a true global supplier to the automotive industry! Our assembly lines provide a diverse range of automotive products such as doors, hoods, liftgates and underbody parts to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Asia and Europe.
The Toolmaker / Machine Fitter is responsible for assembling tools, fixtures and associated equipment used primarily within robotic/automated assembly lines for the automotive industry. The toolmaker/machine builder is also responsible for final line integration and adjusting tooling to ensure correct part fit up. Experience in interpreting CMM reports in relation to tooling geometry is considered an asset.
- Design, build or modify new and existing tooling and fixtures for automated systems lines
- Inspect, layout, debug and measure equipment and parts (completed tools, M/C centers, hemmers and fixtures) for proper operation
- Troubleshoot, repair and test existing tools and fixtures as required
- Utilize blueprints for correct detailing, layout and set up
- Operate and maintain various machines, tools and equipment in the mechanical department including lathe, milling machines and surface grinders
- Provide continuous guidance and training to Tool & Die Apprentices as assigned
- Communicate necessary information to Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor and co-workers from shift to shift
- Recognized Certificate of Qualification as a Tool and Die Maker or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in automotive assembly / tooling or assembly systems
- Operating knowledge of all equipment and machines in mechanical department
- Superior machining skills
- Ability to read/interpret blue prints, specifications and tolerances accurately
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must have own tools
- Ability to work as a team member and individually
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within the trade
- Office and shop floor environment
- Overtime hours may be required
- Day/overnight and/or extended travel required to customers sites
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.