Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company in Canada. Aecon’s expertise covers the full range of services, including design and construction, financing, operating, procurement, and project management. Aecon Group and its predecessor companies have helped build many of Canada's most famous infrastructure landmarks, including the CN Tower, St. Lawrence Seaway, Highway 407 Express Toll Route, Vancouver Sky Train, and the Montreal-Trudeau International Airport, among others.
Company operating name: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
Business legal name: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
Business address: Suite 105, 20 Carlson Court, Toronto Ontario M9W 7K6
Title of position: Track Superintendent
NOC: NOC 0711
Location of Work: Toronto, Ontario with work required throughout the greater Toronto area
Office Location: Suite 105, 20 Carlson Court, Toronto Ontario M9W 7K6.
Terms of Employment: This is a full-time, permanent position
Employment Conditions: Day, Morning, Evening
Start Date: As soon as possible
Travel Requirements: Travel will be required to Aecon’s sites throughout Ontario
Language: Must speak, read, and write in English
Reporting to the Track Manager, the Track Superintendent will be responsible for reviewing track designs, installations, and planning of all track related construction activities.
- Performs, reviews, and coordinates all issues related to the design, procurement and installation of track. This includes horizontal and vertical track alignments, turnouts and track structure elements, hardware, track/wheel interface, track and structure interaction and stress analysis, rail welding, storage, installation and maintenance requirements.
- Monitors all track work related construction/installation activities and any other civil construction contracts as assigned.
- Prepares track work procurement and installation contract documents and other civil contracts. Ability to create strong baseline records of total efforts for others to understand and build upon.
- Responsible for detailed planning of construction activities.
- Lead and facilitate collaboration of all disciplines involved in the construction planning process e.g. permanent works design, temporary works design, HSE, Environment, quality, schedule.
- Contribute to the preparation of subcontract scopes of work for procurement of subcontractors.
- Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for subcontractors.
- Review operational and technical information provided by subcontractors and consultants, including shop drawings and work procedures, for conformance with the contract and specification.
- Prepare detailed Work Plans (i.e. Method Statements) and narratives for submission to client for review and approval. Review and prepare responses to client comments to submissions.
- Continually evaluate design drawings and specifications for conflicts. Identify and implement solutions to those conflicts, in collaboration with consultants and subcontractors.
- Identify contract document conflicts and recommend solutions.
- Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction.
- Responsible for and develops horizontal and vertical alignments, typical cross sections, drainage, roadway and trackwork design (including switches), station/maintenance/yard interfaces, material bill of materials, scheduling and cost estimates, testing and construction/installation interface for major proposals, projects and maintenance needs.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Two to three years’ live track experience
- Two to three years’ supervisory experience in track construction
- Previous experience on track construction projects with high speed turnouts
- Experience using Bentley INROADS/INRAIL civil design application software
- Experience in construction projects modifying/renovating existing subway infrastructure
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to interface and communicate with others is a must
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Able to learn quickly; adaptable, flexible
- Enthusiasm for challenge is preferred
- Overhead catenary design experience is a plus
- Previous experience reviewing alignment drawings
- Previous experience managing routine and unplanned maintenance of tracks
- Experience and knowledge of inspection reports, test plans and installation related to track methods
- Understanding of technical issues related to track projects
- Previous experience as the liaison between sub-contractors
- Previous experience as the representative for the track department
Compensation and Benefits
- Target Base Salary - $95,000 - $160,000 /year CAD, 37.5 hours/week
- Health benefits, such as prescription drug, medical services, dental and vision, and emergency out-of-country coverage, administered through our carrier, Canada Life
- Income replacement benefits such as short and long term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Investment plans, such as a Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Group Registered Retirement savings Plan (RRSP), Employee Share Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee and family wellness tools, as offered through our Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and other paid and unpaid leaves of absence programs
- Other benefits such as tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and subsidies
- Might be eligible to receive annual pay increases and bonuses in excess of 2% as determined by the company and consistent with current market standards
- Comprehensive relocation package provided
- Vehicle allowance or company vehicle plus gas card
Working Conditions and Environment
- Primary work location at Toronto office, Suite 105, 20 Carlson Court, Toronto Ontario M9W 7K6 with work and travel required throughout Ontario. May be required to work at other offices throughout the Greater Toronto Area
- Project, training and business-related travel required
- Exposure to construction work site environment in all seasons
Contact Information and How to Apply:
Mail: Suite 105, 20 Carlson Court, Toronto, Ontario M9W 7K6
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.