Hiring a Trademark Assistant to join a small firm in Ottawa
Your new company
Hays has partnered with a small firm in Ottawa to hire for an Administrative Assistant, Trademarks.
Your new role
The Trademark Assistant's primary purpose is to provide assistance to leading Trademark Agents/Lawyers efficiently supporting the management of their practice contributing to the overall service excellence provided to our clients by the Intellectual Property group.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The preparation and filing of Canadian trademark applications
- Preparing applications based on instructions from associates and clients
- Preparing and sending basic reports to clients
- Receiving, reviewing and preparing preliminary drafts reporting Examination Actions
- Familiar with opposition practice before the Canadian Opposition Board / managing opposition files
- Opening new application files / tracking diary and due dates / preparing and forwarding reminders
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have previous experience working with trademarks in a law firm or legal setting. You will have a strong understanding of the lifecycle of a trademark file and extensive trademarks knowledge. You will be a hardworking individual who has experience in a busy and deadline driven role. This position requires strong organisational skills and strong computer literacy.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity with a small firm to work with a strong team. This position is offering $45,000 - $55,000 annually, full benefits, and vacation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.