Requisition ID: 61088
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
TRAFFIC CONTROL PERSON/FLAG PERSON
The South West Calgary Ring Road Project is looking for Flaggers! Our Traffic Control Person is responsible to direct and control traffic (motoring and pedestrian) safely in and through the work zone. Direct site equipment when working in close proximity of traffic and other hazards and obstructions. Communicating and interacting with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Protect workers by keeping work space free of traffic and warning them of approaching hazards.
- Assist trucks in accessing and exiting work sites and directing them where to dump loads.
- Assist with set up and maintenance of project signage and barricades including daily barricade reports.
- Assist with measuring work area for calculating quantities.
- Receiving, sorting filing haul tickets from delivery trucks.
- Tracking hired equipment work time and issuing pay tickets/receipts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in heavy civil construction
- Must possess industry standard TCP Certificate
- Must have a valid class 5 (or better) driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Must be able to communicate well with co-workers
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- The successful candidate must successfully complete a site pre-access drug and alcohol test
- Ability to work cooperatively independently and with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Able to work shift work as required, including night shift
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- The ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Candidates should be able to lift weight (50lbs), able to work on heights.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment:Engineer, Night, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Operations