Training and Development Specialist II
The Training & Development Specialist II designs and administers programs that train employees and improve their skills and knowledge. The Specialist II is a professional level position, responsible for developing, coordinating and executing all training policies, practices and programs for assigned geography. This role develops custom training material based on the needs of the organization and delivers the material to a remote workforce using a variety of instructional techniques. This role will be required to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment that demands creativity, high quality, and consistency. The ideal candidate will be a leader and have a passion for improving the talent level across the organization. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, quick learner, with a strong attention to detail, works well in independent situations, and has the ability to build relationships with business partners and the remote workforce they support. This role will need to maintain a high level of communication with the Sr. Training & Development Specialist, as well as other key stakeholders in the organization and exercise sound judgment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Exercise discretion establishing, monitoring and updating training policies and practices for the assigned geography.
- Manage and develop training processes and programs within areas of ownership
- Provide expertise, direction and support to managers on training initiatives within areas of ownership
- Write, coordinate, and deliver training in support of workforce development
- Select the best training methods or activities for a particular purpose and audience
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of adult learning needs analysis, design & development, and delivery
- Analyze and provide guidance on general training and development needs and programs
- Uphold best practices and corporate education principles for training
- Proactively work with business partners to define and resolve workplace performance challenges and opportunities
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts and seeks opportunities to continuously improve
- Consistent travel within area of ownership is required; as well as travel outside of area of ownership may be needed also
- Understand and demonstrate safe work practices at all times to ensure a safe work environment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write correspondence and speak clearly to employees
- Ability to lead people effectively
- Ability to assess training needs and objectives
- Ability to handle and thrive in fast-paced work environments
- Ability to form relationships with business partners and subject matter experts and leveraging their knowledge and expertise in writing training programs
- Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to work efficiently with a high level of independence and initiative, self-motivated
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Problem-solving ability
- Excellent online and in-person teaching facilitation and presentation skills
- Must be able to meet travel requirements
- Ability to produce high quality work under time constraints with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn quickly, analyze situations, and make decisions which support the business
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
Experience and Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Org Development, Training & Development, Psychology, HR, Business or related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Computer literate and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with facilitating training in live and virtual classroom environments
- Minimum 2 years related retail store experience or training
- Willingness to travel
- Strong customer service orientation
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with video editing including recording, editing, and deploying video and audio
- Must have reliable access to a computer, internet and printer to use for company-related business
- Proficiency with operating a smart phone or tablet and utilizing different mobile applications and internet for company business
- Familiarity with industry best practices and standards preferred
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English
- Bilingual French highly preferred
| || |
| || |
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||With the industry's largest database of retail intelligence, the deepest inventory of impulse products, and the most experienced team, we're the premier strategic merchandising partner to North America's retailers.|
Jacent sources, warehouses, ships, and stocks over 3,500 impulse items to 14,000 retail stores across the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. We create a strategic merchandising plan for each store-then place the ideal impulse items in the ideal locations, with follow-up re-ordering and re-stocking. In addition to our impulse business, Jacent offers retail insights and services, such as audits and shelf stocking, to help stores run at peak efficiency.
The result of our work is two-fold: By connecting consumers with the right items-even ones they didn't know they were looking for-we inspire shopping experiences. And in the process, we're helping our retail customers generate incremental sales. It's a win-win.
|EOE STATEMENT||The Company will make all employment decisions regarding employees and applicants for employment without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. |
|HOURS AND PAY||Salary negotiable pending experience |
|MID POINT||Ottawa, ON K1A 0B2 |
|ROUTE LOCATION INFORMATION|
Remote position serving all of Canada. Must be willing to travel.