AlertDriving is seeking Training Specialists for a term of at least 6 months. If you are interested in this contract position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining the main reasons why you are perfect for this position.
Training Specialists plan, create and evaluate training content for targeted audiences. Training Specialists must communicate effectively and work well with other people because they frequently collaborate with staff and must understand and discuss complex information with people of diverse backgrounds. Training Specialists often work under minimal supervision, and they may receive minimal direction, so they must be self-motivated, highly organized and responsible people who are comfortable solving many of the problems they encounter on the job.
Duties listed below illustrate the types of work that may be performed. Omissions do not exclude other duties if they are similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Gathering, analyzing and synthesizing information from various sources to create clear and concise training content for targeted audiences
- Writing training content that aligns with company guidelines and strategies
- Recording and managing source material used in training content
- Collaborating with staff to ensure production schedule goals are met
- Assisting in curriculum development and the evaluation of training content
- Reviewing and editing material prepared by other staff
- Proofreading written content before publication
Education and Experience Requirements
Training Specialists have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a communications-related discipline, such as English, or comparable experience. The best candidates also have formal training or experience in one or more of the following:
- Adult education
- Training and development
- Instructional design
- Technical writing
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Critical-thinking skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Creativity and adaptability
- Ease in working independently or collectively on tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Apple operating systems
AlertDriving is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment (if applicable) process as required under AlertDriving’s accessibility policies and procedures. Applicants must make their accommodation needs known upon requests for interviews.