The Transcriptionist's core responsibility is to transcribe a variety of dictated reports, letters and forms accurately and in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
* Pull documents dictated in English from a central FTP site and transcribe
* Transcribe documents dictated in English
* Ensure documents are free from spelling errors and are grammatically correct in English
* Adhere to confidentiality policies regarding all data transcribed
* Assume additional duties as may be assigned
* Fluently English
* Previous bilingual transcription experience; preferably in the insurance industry
* Excellent knowledge of spelling, grammar and vocabulary in English
* Computer proficient, particularly in Microsoft Word with a minimum of 65 wpm dicta-typing
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction
* A basic understanding of the insurance adjusting industry and a background in insurance would be considered an asset, although is not requireD
* Priority will be given to candidates with a post-secondary education in a related field.
* They will be a well-organized and detail-oriented individual with the ability to multi-task and possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled