Client ID: 286662
Translator & Editor - Bilingual English/French
On behalf of our client in the Banking Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Translator & Editor - Bilingual English/French.
Translator & Editor - Bilingual English/French – Job Description
- The resource will be responsible for the French content intended for mobile applications, online banking and affiliate/subsidiary sites.
- The role involves more translation/leveraging and updating the existing French content.
- On occasion they will be translating from English to French and updating French content as required.
- Also be checking accuracy, consistency, tone, typographical and grammatical errors of content translated by the vendor.
- The English content is provided - must translate or send to vendor, and review to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Deliver concise engaging French content - Perform QA for accuracy, adherence to editorial standards and the Office Quebecois de la langue Francaise.
- Ensure content from vendors, clients and external partners is accurate, meets organizational standards and best practices.
- The resource will correct errors/omissions and flag them for feedback.
- Work cooperatively with team members, clients and cross-functional teams
- Provide in context tweaking. As member of a project team, resource will be required to reword or shorten French to better fit the context and/or meet space requirements.
- They will perform adhoc emergency translations and contribute to the French Content library, Style Guide and Terminology Database.
- Support the coordination of translation, Quebec Legal reviews and French editorial sign off
- The resource will be responsible for managing the end to end translation process including liaising with stakeholders, vendors, project teams to make sure all necessary approvals are in place.
Translator & Editor - Bilingual English/French – Mandatory Skills
- Fluent in French at a native-like level
- Degree in English to French Translation and a few years of experience in a structured environment.
- Background in marketing focused translation
- MS Office - PowerPoint
- Trados Studio
- HP Quality center
Translator & Editor - Bilingual English/French – Nice to Have Skills
- Digital experience
- FI experience is a plus but not necessary
- Accessibility experience
- SEO experience
Translator & Editor - Bilingual English/French - Assignment Start Date
ASAP – 12 months to start
Translator & Editor - Bilingual English/French - Assignment Location