Brandt is currently seeking a Translator of ourRegina, SK location.
This position is responsible for providing ready-to-use translated content that meets our internal and external needs and helps us to reach our audience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reads through or listens to material in one language, determines the meaning and context of that material, and converts it into a second language, ensuring translated content conveys the original meaning and tone
- Translates a variety of documents. This can include legal, technical, training, presentation, and promotional materials, etc.
- Consults with other colleagues in order to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal customers to ensure satisfaction and that the translations meet their needs
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (i.e. font and structure)
- Stay current on new translation tools and practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
- Fluency in both English and French
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field is considered an asset
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be accurate and have a high attention to detail
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Familiarity with translation software
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure