Position Title: Seasonal Transportation Administrative Assistant
Work Location: Nisku, Alberta
Title of manager this position reports to: Calcium Transportation Manager
Positions reporting to this role: N/A
Work Rotation (if applicable): Five days on, two days off
Work Days / Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with ½ hour unpaid lunch; may require some evenings & weekends.
Purpose of Role: Reviewing, reconciling and entering transportation data.
- Daily order reconciliation (intercompany, internal, customer)
- Daily order processing, based on daily dispatch reports
- Follow up with Company drivers and third party carriers, including Lease Operators to confirm delivery details
- Follow up with Company sales people to confirm customer pick up details
- Review order information, determine the cause of errors and correct/provide feedback as appropriate
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer, copier, scanner and calculator; utilize various computer software applications.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Minimum2 years’ office administration experience –transportation administration and some finance would be considered an asset
- Experience with ERP and TMT/TMW software would be considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail and data-entry proficiency
- Experience in processing and reviewing large batches of data
- Ability to maintain a high level of speed and accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and goals of the Company
- Geographical knowledge of Western Canada
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Moderate proficiency in other MSOffice applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented, positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn new systems & processes.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK CONDITIONS
- This position works in an office setting and general physical requirements associated with using a computer at a desk would apply.
- Periodic light lifting of supplies, materials, files and file boxes.