ABOUT HAWKS TRANSPORTATION
Located in Brampton, ON, Hawks Transportation is a full-service logistics provider for the transportation and warehousing needs of our customers. The company provides transportation and delivery services to a range of customers and consumers throughout Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
Our company is growing, and we are always looking to hire qualified individuals within the transportation industry. At this time, Hawks Transportation is looking to hire an experienced Transportation Logistics Co-ordinator for a full-time, permanent position. The professional in this position will assist management in planning, organizing and evaluating the overall transportation logistics and freight-forwarding operations within the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delegating logistics work to dispatch crew and shipping and receiving staff and ensuring it is carried out by the assigned deadlines
- Ensuring adherence to corporate procedures related to on-the-job safety operations (i.e. safe handling, ramp and ladder use, etc), accident reporting, customer communication, safe operation of moving equipment, item storage, moving incidents (i.e. damages), etc.,
- Managing the daily workload and staffing schedules to minimize the occurrence of incidents and unplanned overtime;
- Monitoring the company’s freight traffic operations to ensure timely transportation of goods and customers’ satisfaction
- Assessing driver’s efficiency and on occasion do test rides with the driver to determine driving issues, route suitability, etc.
- Continuously monitoring the performance and activities of shift operations in warehouse
- Resolving any shift discrepancies and staff disputes and submitting regular progress report for managerial review.
- Preparing reports related to maintenance and repair work as well as for supplies and materials
- High school diploma or higher is required,
- Post-secondary education in a related field is not mandatory, but would be considered an asset,
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in a similar supervisory or managerial position in logistics/ supply chain industry is mandatory,
- Previous experience/knowledge of customs clearance operations would be considered a great asset,
- Strong computer skills and operating knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and electronic scheduling systems,
- Attentive to detail, excellent leadership, critical thinking and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to excel working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment,
- Criminal Records check
COMPENSATION & CONDITIONS:
- Permanent, full-time position
- 40-hour work week
- $24.50 per hour with applicable overtime pay after 44 hours of work per week,
- Work location: 4 Automatic Road, Unit #106, Brampton, Ontario L6S6K9
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply only if you meet the job requirements. Only those who fulfill the requirements of the position will be contacted by the employer. Please ensure to bring all relevant references if selected for an interview. You can also apply by email to email@example.com . In the subject line include “Resume: Transportation Logistics Co-ordinator”.
Please visit our website at http://www.hawkstrans.com/ for more information about the company.