Explore a different kind of company. One that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards. We provide world-class engineering and scientific solutions to our clients in the Transportation, Mining, and Energy sectors. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and fields of study. They represent the best in their respective disciplines and specializations. Together, they make it possible to assemble multidisciplinary teams that provide clients with a full-service approach to their unique needs.
From our roots (as EBA Engineering Consultants), and now Tetra Tech Canada, we have progressively expanded since our inception in 1966 and, today, clients are served by more than 1000 engineers, scientists, technologists, and support staff from offices across Canada. We are a values-based consulting engineering and sciences company that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards to our employees. Since 2010, we are part of the Canadian family of Tetra Tech (NASDAQ: TTEK) companies, with over 16,000 employees worldwide.
Tetra Tech Canada is currently accepting applications for the positions of Intermediate and Senior Project Manager in either our Vancouver or Kelowna offices. You will have the opportunity to join the Northern & Pacific Transportation Practice Group; a growing group with a strong work base of projects, both short and long term.
The position will involve working on a diverse selection of transportation related projects in mining, municipal roads and highways throughout British Columbia and the Arctic. We manage projects from the initial planning stages to construction completion. The team recently completed the Inuvik –Tuktoyatuk Highway, winning the national ACEC award for top transportation project in Canada. Experience in working with BC MoTi and Arctic clients would be an asset. You will assist in the short and long term success and growth of the group. We are looking for individuals with a strong work ethic who are self-starters. This is a hands on position,
• Manage design and construction teams on projects from small mining roads to large design-build projects
• Work with a team of skilled engineers, designers, procurement and construction specialists, contractors, vendors and other project support staff/stakeholders.
• Manage transportation related projects. Manage staff and subcontractors to ensure cost effective, safe and timely completion of projects to meet or exceed client expectations
• Develop, track and maintain project schedules and budgets
• Identify and manage project risks
• Manage change control of Projects
• Authorize commitments of expenditure on the project and approve payment of invoices
• Provide leadership to the Project Team
• Prime interface with client and other shareholders
• Work closely with construction trades in order to manage field activities
• Work with multiple stakeholders including Operations, Maintenance and engineering
• Manage and coordinate multi-discipline engineering groups
• Provide clear and concise reporting to different levels of senior management
• A university degree in engineering. Other professional qualifications will be considered with relevant experience.
• 8+ years of working experience as a Project Manager on transportation related projects is preferred.
• Working experience in the principles and practices of transportation engineering as applied to design and construction of projects.
• Experience working with NMS, MMCD and BC MoTi Specifications is considered an asset.
• Background in mining processes an asset
• Background in designing and constructing within the Arctic an asset.
• Demonstrated report writing ability with delivery of a high quality product.
• Previous experience in developing project execution plans and budgets.
• Good experience in writing proposals and presenting projects to clients.
• Effective communication, organization and presentation skills
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside of British Columbia).
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
Online applications are preferred. Tetra Tech is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.