This position requires knowledge, experience, and expertise in the maintenance, repair, and servicing of equipment used in Tunneling, Horizontal Direction Drilling (HDD), and Direct Pipe trenchless installations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the repair, maintenance, and servicing of equipment utilized in the installation of underground utilities by means of trenchless technology (Lovat, Akkerman, Herrenknecht, and Derrick)
- Based in Nisku, Alberta but project work will occur from time to time elsewhere and in other provinces such as in AB, BC and/or Ontario
- Prepare Equipment Service Reports and logs on Trenchless Equipment
- Read and understand complex schematics
- Source and order parts needed for the trenchless equipment
- Coordinate with Project Superintendents and Operator to trouble shoot equipment issues and problems
- Schedule routine maintenance and coordinate with Project Manager
- Able to work without direct supervision
- A minimum of 5 years of direct experience with the equipment brands (Lovat, Akkerman, Herrenknecht, and Derrick)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as an Industrial Mechanic
- Have a firm understanding of the operation of trenchless equipment
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience servicing trenchless technology including Horizontal Directional Drilling Rigs and Direct Pipe Rigs
- Understanding of hydraulic and electrical systems used in trenchless technology
- Language of Work: English
- Experience working on tunneling, directional drilling, and direct pipe projects
- Possess computer skills and is proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Action oriented and full of energy for things that may seem challenging
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external individuals
- Faces up to people problems quickly and directly
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all
- Sets objectives and goals
- Hydraulically driven motors
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Constructs development plans and executes them
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 lbs. and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in wet, humid conditions, and work near moving mechanical parts
- The employees may regularly be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and heat, and moderate to loud noises.
Wage: $47.61 hourly, Medical Dental, Pension Benefits. Permanent position, full time.
This document describes general information about the position; however, should not be considered as comprehensive. Michels Canada reserves the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time. This document is not an employee contract.