ABOUT THE COMPANY:
GN Transport Ltd. is a licensed and bonded (with both Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and US Customs & Border Protection) freight shipping and trucking company running freight hauling business from Concord, Ontario.
In operation since 1984, GN Transport Ltd. provides transportation services between Canada and United States of America. We offer solutions and solve any issues that might arise before and during the transportation of any load. The key to our success is communication with our customers.
At this time, we are looking for a hard-working Truck Driver to join our team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- May perform emergency roadside repairs
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods
- Completion of secondary school is required
- A valid A-Z driving license is required
- Experience driving heavy trucks is an asset
- Must possess a clean driving record and police certificate
- Operating knowledge of GPS and other navigation tools
COMPENSATION & CONDITIONS:
- Permanent, full-time position
- $21.00 per hour for 40 hours of work per week
- Occasional overtime may be required with applicable pay ($31.50/ hour) after 44 hours of work per week
- Work location: 163 Bowes Road, Concord, ON, L4K 1H3
- You will be expected to travel continuously
To apply, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those candidates who meet the requirements and qualify will be contacted for an interview. Please do not call the employer directly.