Truck Shop Service Manager
Our client is offering a very strong compensation package, including benefits.
Our client is full service dealership proudly serving Ontario for 40 years through their 5 locations. They have dozens of service bays, 20,000+ square feet of parts warehousing, complete paint and sandblasting services, and employ over 30 talented and experienced mechanics to service their clients' needs.
Legitimacy, safety, and compliance are hallmark qualities of this well-known, reputable company. In fact, all of their locations are Ministry of Transportation accredited stations where they perform annual safety inspections and certifications for a variety of vehicles and equipment, made by 6 industry leading manufacturers' lines. Our client has meticulously selected and partnered with these specific manufacturers over the years due to their commitment to quality, value, dependability and innovation.
Our client is looking for a talented Truck Service Manager to control and monitor all the day-to-day activities in the truck shop. The right professional for this important role will be someone who can promote better customer service, increased employee productivity and improved work flow, all the while ensuring that the Health and Safety Policies are followed along the way.
- Manage and control business and processes within the repair facility
- Through careful attention to detail and prioritizing quality repairs, reduce the downtime of the equipment
- Perform the inbound truck inspection on trucks prior to opening a work order
- Formally provide written quotes and receive authorizations for service jobs
- Ensure mechanical staffing is in line with current work load
- Track and control all warranty claims, ensuring they are being submitted to the dealer OEM and vendors
- Manage all work orders, ensuring all charges are added, including mechanic labour hours and utilized parts
- Track all shop floor and mobile activity through their work system
- Set and ensure expectations for labour hours so that they are in line with the quote or a reasonable competitive completion deadline
- Complete a quality control inspection on each unit prior to its return to the client
- Ensure the parts inventory is controlled and kept at a level that ensures optimal shop floor productivity
- Keep track of all trucks under the control of the truck shop – i.e. off-site at sublet suppliers
- Ensure housekeeping policies are being adhered to
EXPERIENCE: In order to be COMPETITIVE for this position, you will have:
- Heavy duty truck equipment shop and parts management
- 310T Truck/Coach Mechanic License would be a strong asset
- A Trucking background
- Retail service shop – operations background
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer skills – email, MS Excel and Word and various internet applications. Vendor web based applications, including AS/400
310T Truck/Coach Mechanic License (strong asset)
Permanent, Full Time
Auto / Truck / Bus / RV
Charmaine Kapasky: Recruitment Consultant – Transportation & Logistics
October 19, 2018
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the “APPLY” button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: email@example.com
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Charmaine Kapasky: http://stoakley.com/meet-charmaine-kapasky/
Truck, tractor, shop, mechanic, 310T, manager, shop manager
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture
By you (“the applicant”) submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. (“SSC”) the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant’s personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC’s clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant’s qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant’s verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart