Build Your Future. Come Build With Us
About Flour Driver
Fluor Driver combines one of the largest global turnaround, construction, and maintenance firms (Fluor) with one of the best and safest Canadian contractors (JV Driver) to create a unique solution to the turnaround, maintenance, and construction needs of the petrochemical industry. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that lower construction and maintenance costs while maintaining excellence in safety and quality and thus providing a lower total cost of ownership for our clients. We accomplish this goal by embracing our core purpose, Think Different Build Better, along with our core values.
The Turnaround/Shutdown Manager reports to and takes direction from the Project Manager. The primary responsibility of the Turnaround/Shutdown Manager is planning and executing shutdown.
- Cultivate good working relationships with and between all parties involved
- Provide leadership development to site personnel
- Coordinate site activity priorities; eliminate road blocks to assure that all shutdown needs are met
- Audit shutdown compliance with shutdown established execution procedures
- Audit and ensure shutdown safety work practice effectiveness
- Establish resource needs / selection criteria for shutdown team candidates
- Identify candidates / needs for core team
- Review roles, responsibilities and expectations with core team members
- Champion the implementation of the shutdown process
- Compile Shutdown team roles, modify as required to meet shutdown specific needs
- Ensure proper communication of Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations
- Hold shutdown alignment meetings both internal and with the client
- Coordinate / perform process review sessions (Lessons Learned)
- Facilitate the overall shutdown development activities / monitor the overall shutdown milestone schedules
- Identify / promote use of best practices
- Perform individual group feedback meetings
- Recommend process changes as appropriate
- Facilitate and develop cross training opportunities
- Validate shutdown time frame
- Establish shutdown objectives
- Coordinate with the client for internal / external scope development needs
- Work with the client to align and develop Shutdown execution philosophy
- Coordinate with the client to develop the schedule and lead scope development reviews with execution team.
- Engineering Degree/Technical Diploma or Trades Certificate with 15+ years’ experience working turnarounds/shutdowns
- Posses strong leadership and organization skills
- Detailed knowledge of shutdown policies, and procedures
- Strong Communication and Organizational Skills
- Industrial Relations Training
- Knowledge of software applications used for project management
- Posses exceptional people skills
- Knowledge of schedules and cost control procedures and structures
- Knowledge of quality control/assurance policies and procedures
- Strong pro-active problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Facilitation skills
- Economic thinking
- General client business understanding (profit drivers, plant operations, reliability)
- Ability to leverage resources throughout the organization.
Our Commitment to Safety
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple awards from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 22 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 35 million man-hours of construction.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company paid RRSP Contributions
- Excellent work/life balance
- Locations in Alberta and British Columbia.