The Epicurean restaurant is located at 84 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0. In April 2016, new ownership and a new staff embarked on the reopening of “The Epicurean”. The restaurant is renovated with a contemporary look and a new concept which includes serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Our restaurant is dedicated to providing our clientele great seasonal foods and phenomenal local wines from Niagara’s region. Our cuisine is mainly Mediterranean based on fresh food locally produced and cooked by a very talented culinary team. It has a warm ambiance and our goal is to meet all your dining needs.
The restaurant is seeking to hire two sous-chef’s to add to our talented team. This is a full time, permanent position for 35-52 hours per week. The wage is $23.50 per hour. Culinary field post-secondary education is required. Minimum 2 years experience is required.
Job duties are described below:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or specialty foods, such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables and meat, poultry and fish dishes, and create decorative food displays for special events such as banquets
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Create new recipes
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- Plan menus
- May requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Team building skills
- Executing meals And multitasking
$23.50 per hour for 35-52 hours per week