Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
We are looking for a Web based UI Developer who can work closely with a global team in London, New York, Budapest and India and take ownership on delivering key parts of the framework. Should be able independently perform analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance functions. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and is likely to have good experience in application development, strong technical background and good communication skills. He/she will interact directly with the users and with other technologists within our department. This is an ideal opportunity for the right person not only to enhance their technical abilities but also to increase their knowledge of the middle/back office processing of a global financial institution.
The SPARC (Smart Process Automation and Robotics Center) group is a Global team, responsible for developing and supporting a suite of automations and workflows to automate multiple core operational processes across functions like Confirmations, Settlements, Tax processing and Asset servicing. The team also supports a common web based UI named QWEST that is used across Operations that has a user base in excess of ten thousand people and supports daily processing of transactions in millions. This includes related exceptions processing, workflows and query and actions and touches multiple regions, asset classes and functions.
We are a part of the Operations Technology department which is responsible for providing end to end solutions for our Operations users in Institutional Securities and Wealth Management, including confirmations, pre-settlements, settlements, tax and corporate actions.
QWEST 2.0 is a major initiative to enhance our current Web based UI framework to adopt new technologies(HTML5/Angular2) and deliver an reusable/configurable UI toolkit and services. This will include Dashboards, Exceptions management, Workflows, Email tracking and Query/actions capabilities that will help operational users to efficiently manage their workload from a single place. The existing platform already has a wide reach in these areas, the focus will be more of end-end integrated user experience via improved summary dashboards, enhanced widgets and services.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
- Excellent track record on delivering web based UI applications/frameworks
- Experience on HTML5, Angular 2+, node.js
- SOAP/REST services, messaging(MQ/JMS) .
- UI automated testing frameworks such as Karma, Jasmine and Protractor.
- Web servers(Tomcat, apache etc), security(authentication/authorization),
- Some experience with Databases (Oracle, Db2, Sybase or SQL Server)
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Knowledge/experience working on multithreaded systems.
- Exposure to working within a global delivery team.
- Experience in iterative/agile development practices
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with full stack development ( Java/Spring)
- Some Prior experience in investment banking not mandatory
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.