We are looking for an experienced and talented UI/UX designer to design, shape and present our products in a way that is easy-to-use, attractive, unique, and user-centric for our customers. The ideal candidate will have experience working with desktop and web applications, in agile teams, with developers, product managers, and end users. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user interface and experience journey into a smooth and intuitive engagement. Ultimately, you will support the creation of both functional and appealing features that address our customers’ needs and help us grow our customer base. If you are interested, please read on to learn more about the position.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Improve the look and feel of Survalent software products
- Have co-ownership of the Survalent Style Guide with Development. This is basically our best practices and UI standards that we will adhere to and creates consistency/standardization to ensure all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and developers
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Plan and implement new designs
- Create and implement interaction models and user interface specifications
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Perform and implement user research for surveys and feedback
- Collaborate on scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Conduct user testing of applications, software, and websites
- Evaluate and set best practices and standards for Survalent
- Other Duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- Degree/Diploma in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI/UX design or similar role. Experience with utility industry will be an asset.
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum processes
- Knowledge of wire-framing tools (Balsamiq), Story boards, User flows
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- In-depth understanding of UI; an understanding latest design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Able to work independently and as an active member of a team
This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. We offer a very competitive compensation package which includes excellent benefits and a profit-sharing plan. If you are interested in joining a growing organization, please apply with your cover letter and resume by selecting the following link that will redirect you
to our ATS: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/48390?s=mo
Survalent Technology Corporation is the leading provider of real-time smart grid management system for enabling visualization, optimization and improved operations for utilities. For over four decades, we have helped more than 500 utilities use operational data to increase reliability, efficiency and customer service. With our proven and reliable SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), Distribution Management System (DMS), Outage Management System (OMS), and Substation Automation (SA) solutions, utilities transform data into actionable intelligence. We partner with utilities across the globe to create mission critical solutions that will achieve the promise of the Smart Grid.
Survalent values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of all races, color, creed, ancestry, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, family status, and those with disabilities to apply. Survalent is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.