Ultrasound Technologist- Competition #2020-158
The partnership of EFW Radiology owns and operates fourteen community-based clinics providing Diagnostic Imaging, Maternal Fetal Medicine, and Pain Management services.
Our Core Values
Compassion: We treat others with kindness, respect and consciously choose to meet the needs of others.
Trust: We are accountable for our actions, follow through on our commitments, and strive for excellence at all times.
Meaning: We create meaning in our work by seeing the bigger picture, use our strengths to accomplish work goals and objectives, continuously learn and grow, develop positive relationships with others, and promote a positive work environment.
We are seeking a regular full-time Ultrasound Technologist. Reporting to the Ultrasound Supervisor, the Ultrasound Technologist performs ultrasound examinations in an efficient and effective manner while providing exceptional patient care.
- Ensures that each patient seen by EFW is provided with the highest level of care, and that an exceptional patient experience is created;
- Performs abdomen, Ob/Gyn, small parts, breast and specific vascular ultrasound exams.
- Willing to train in a variety of ultrasound specialties performed at EFW as operationally needed;
- Gathers and verifies patient history and relevant information in preparation for exams;
- Obtains, assesses and evaluates ultrasound images in a timely manner to aid in diagnoses;
- Ensures all necessary documentation is accurately completed for each scan;
- Contributes to a positive work environment through professional conduct and strong teamwork;
- Communicates with patients in a professional manner, explaining procedures and observing the patient during the examination to ensure safety and comfort;
- Collaborates with Radiologists on every scan;
- Demonstrates EFW values of Compassion, Trust, and Meaning in the workplace;
- Adheres to all privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures as they relate to EFW, our patients and our employees;
- Undertakes other related duties as assigned.
You have the following
- Diploma or certificate from a recognized Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, which includes a minimum of 2 years of clinical practicum; or a minimum of 2 years previous experience working in a clinic or hospital setting;
- Credentialed member of Sonography Canada with liability insurance;
- Ability to scan 12 – 14 cases per day, consistently obtaining good quality images;
- Committed to providing professional and compassionate patient care;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to give clear instructions and ask questions when the need arises;
- Exhibit sound judgment, and effective decision making skills;
- Ability to accept constructive feedback;
- Strong team player who is comfortable to interact with other team members as well as work independently;
- Logical, analytical and critical thinking required;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking abilities;
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills including a working knowledge of RIS software including PACS;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced clinical environment.
- May be required to attend training/meetings outside of regular EFW business hours;
- Repetitive actions of hand and arm.
Hours of Work
EFW is dedicated to providing quality patient care with daytime, evening and weekend clinic hours throughout all of our clinic locations. All EFW Radiology employees working in, or providing shared services to, our community clinics shall participate in being scheduled in the evening or weekend shifts as required. Our employees must also be able to work at any EFW clinic location and provide their own transportation.
We strive to deliver healthcare with compassion, earn the trust of referring physicians, and provide careers with meaning.
We offer our employees:
- A friendly, professional state of the art working environment
- An opportunity for technologists to perform a wide variety of examinations
- A teaching environment with on-going continuing education through seminars, conferences, and on-line courses
- An opportunity to have a career with meaning and opportunity for growth
- An extraordinary total rewards package that includes an industry leading Shift Premium Program, RRSP matching
- Flexible working arrangements
- An opportunity to give back by working with community partners
EFW Radiology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring talented, qualified professionals without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground and to providing an environment without discrimination.
Every effort is made to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities and to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, compensation, promotions, and transfers are based solely on skills and capabilities, job requirements, job performance, and other job-related criteria.
If you are dedicated to quality patient care and want to join our team of dynamic health care professionals please submit your application. This posting will remain open until position is filled.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.