“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
The Feeder Driver position involves driving a tractor-trailer unit to one or more destinations and returning it to the original domicile. Feeder Drivers are expected to demonstrate excellent customer service and driving skills, comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform. The role requires a possession of a valid driver’s AZ license and a CVOR issued in the province of Ontario.
Job Type: Full-Time - Permanent
Work Location: 12424 Dixie Road, Caledon, ON, L7C 2L8
Workdays: Monday to Friday
Shift Start: Between 8:00PM and 10:00PM *(Flexibility is required with both the start and finish times)
Shift Duration: 10 - 12 hours per day
Responsibilities and Duties:
Drive UPS single/twin 28”/33” foot trailers within a defined area.
- Follow and execute company-established safe/defensive driving methods.
- Provide outstanding customer service and complete assigned deliveries within the specified time.
Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damages before and after deliveries.
Adhere to and comply with the applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules as well as standards and guidelines.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance and 150 lbs. (68kg) with assistance
- Ability to read and navigate with maps/map books
- Minimum 2 years of Tractor-Trailer driving experience
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid Ontario AZ Driver’s License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract showing:
No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3-year period (last 36 months)
No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3-year period (last 36 months)
Valid Ontario CVOR (Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration)
- Valid FAST (Free and Secure Trade) Card
- Must pass a pre-employment road tests
Compensation and Benefits:
$17.00/hr and automatic wage progression as per the existing Union Collective Agreement
Health and dental benefits after 12 months of employment (commences on the first day of the month after meeting the requirement)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Employee Referral Bonus Program ($300 per a referred Package Handler)
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
- Exposed to hot/cold temperatures when working outdoors.
- Wear a UPS Feeder Driver uniform and adhere to the company’s Appearance Guidelines.
- Monthly union dues (approximately $47/month)
- A union initiation fee of $50 (will be deducted after completing 90 working days with UPS)
- A criminal background check fee of $20.50 (will be deducted from your Human Resources Orientation pay and reimbursed after 90 working days with UPS)
- In our industry this position is also known as Feeder Driver, AZ Driver, Class 1 Driver etc.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.