“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
The Package Delivery Driver position is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Package Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills. Some UPS facilities may require the ability to drive a delivery vehicle with a standard (manual) transmission. Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s G or higher license issued in the province of Ontario. Package Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform.
Job Type: Part-Time - Permanent
Work Location: 7 Woodfield Road, Toronto, ON, M4L 2W1
Workdays: Monday to Friday
Shift Start: 8:00AM for 3-5 hours per day *(Flexibility is required with both the start and finish times)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver and pick-up packages in an efficient and effective manner
- Follow and execute company-established safe/defensive driving methods
- Assist with loading/unloading the trucks as required
- Record, track and maintain information about delivered packages
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance and 150 lbs. (68kg) with assistance
- Ability to read and navigate with maps/map books
- 3 years of driving experience
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract showing:
No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3‑year period (last 36 months)
No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3‑year period (last 36 months)
- Delivery experience will be considered an asset
- Must pass a pre-employment road test.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $17.00/hr (base rate of $14.50 + an hourly bonus of $2.50) and automatic wage progression as per the existing Union Collective Agreement
- Health and dental benefits after 12 months of employment (commences on the first day of the month after meeting the requirement)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Employee Referral Bonus Program ($300 per a referred Package Handler)
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
- Monthly union dues (approximately $42/month)
- A union initiation fee of $50 (will be deducted after completing 90 working days with UPS)
- A criminal background check fee of $20.50 (will be deducted from your Human Resources Orientation pay and reimbursed after 90 working days with UPS)
- Exposed to hot/cold temperatures when working outdoors.
- Wear a UPS Package Delivery Driver uniform and adhere to the company’s Appearance Guidelines.
- In our industry this position is also known as Courier Driver, Package Driver etc.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.