The Dispatch PlanningSupervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising part-time non-managementemployees assigned to specific areas of the operation.Responsibilities also include planning forstaffing and operational needs.
- Develop and maintain routes planning.
- Develop and enhance safety, quality, service and production programs.
- Report on all aspects of the operation.
- Maintain an effective administrative system to organize scheduling, vacations, optional days, employee records and files, seniority lists and all other required documentation.
- Investigate and report on all injuries.
- Comply with all federally regulated health and safety and Labour Canada Guidelines.
- Investigate and report on all service disconnects or failures.
- Develop initiatives to reduce overall hub costs and increase production.
- Conduct and review preload and ECS audits.
- Determining the optimum solution for package concerns
- Supervising daily activities of package handlers and clerks to ensure that all assigned duties are accomplished safely and timely
- Understanding and consistently demonstrating UPS's high ethical standards and code of conduct
- Ability to lift 70 lbs
- Available to work daily, Monday through Friday, 5 hrs/day
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Post Secondary education (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment