Based in Brandon, Manitoba, Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC’s operations have been producing agricultural fertilizer products since 1967. We synthesize and blend nitrogen, phosphate, and sulfur products with ammonia, which we market primarily in the prairie provinces of Canada and the northern United States. Operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, we employ approximately 300 dedicated team members. At KFCU, our fundamental commitment to safety, health, and environmental stewardship drives all of our processes.
A subsidiary of Koch Industries Inc., one of the world’s largest private companies, Koch Fertilizer’s global operations leverage Market-Based Management® to create long-term value for customers and society. By focusing on long-term value creation, we promote a challenging and rewarding environment for our professional and highly respected employees.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Koch Fertilizer Canada is seeking a Urea Trainee to do the follow:
Ensure all plants are operated safely and efficiently to maximize production without environmental impact
Observe and record regular readings on daily log sheets and via a handheld data logging device
Maintain a daily log with details of daily duties, assignments and other work
Act as safety watchers for confined space entries and issue work permits
Submit product and water samples to lab for analysis of pH and other characteristics
Troubleshoot plant systems through regular inspections, loop isolations and maintenance identification
Inspect equipment and machinery and communicate precise requirements for issuing work orders
Participate in training as a member of the fire crew
Use some special equipment such as pay loaders
Perform other related duties as assigned
- 3+ months operating or related industrial experience
High school diploma or GED
- Mechanical and operations aptitude
Valid Class Five (5) driver’s license
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights
- Pass a pulmonary breathing test
- Ability to wear a gas mask-type respirator and PPE
- Tolerance to occasional exposure to fumes/airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
- Ability to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Unassisted physical mobility in and around plant and equipment
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel as necessary
- Available for shift work and emergency call outs
What Will Put You Ahead?
- A power engineering certificate (4th class or higher)
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf