Requisition ID: 25601
Job Category: Engineering; Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Utilities and Civil Design Engineerto join the Infrastructure group in our Civil Infrastructureteam in the Markham location, to assist with various stormwater and utility design tasks.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Prepare preliminary and detailed design drawings for a variety of infrastructure projects (i.e. utilities, drainage, earthworks, roads, rail, transit facilities, etc.)
- Develop civil design relating to municipal road projects, including grading, drainage, municipal services (WM, SAN), composite utility plans. Including plan, profile, cutting cross-sections, design details.
- Provide stormwater/surface water engineering for contribution to hydrologic studies, flood risk analysis, storm water management plans, and site drainage designs
- Develop technical reports, technical specifications and design calculations, and preparation of material quantity estimates
- Take ownership of moderately difficult design tasks with minimal supervision
- Assist Senior Engineers and Designers as part of a collaborative team, including client-facing opportunities
You bring to the role:
- Civil Engineering Degree with an accredited University
- 3-8 years of experience in design/analysis of roads, wet utilities and drainage
- Certification as a P.Eng., and/or registered as an Engineer-in-Training
- Experience of design and/or coordination of water, sewer, communications, and electrical utilities installations
- Understanding of CSA, municipal, provincial, federal, and private utility owner codes and standards applicable to utility design.
- Strong computer skills. Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Inroads, Openroads and/or ArcGIS would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work in 2D or 3D environments
- Experience with other CAD and/or Stormwater modelling software (Bentley CulvertMaster, EPA SWMM, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS) would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.