We are currently seeking a Utility On-Call Position at our Vancouver Plant and will report to Shift Technician/ Group Leader.
Who are we?
We are a leading provider of top quality rigid packaging. Our organization consists of more than 2,400 employees in over 55 locations. We are a customer driven company with proven expertise in the areas of custom design, supply chain fulfillment and diverse manufacturing platforms. We are a company that is passionate about helping our clients succeed. Companies nationwide rely on Consolidated Container Company to provide products, support innovation, facilitate marketing decisions and improve business performance in their daily operations. Our talented and diverse team of employees rivals all others in the industry. We are an end to end, total/turn-key/go-to-market solution provider from graphics design, bottle design, to merchandising solutions:
Corporate Website: http://cccllc.com/ Design Center: http://cccllc.com/design-center/
What do we Stand for?
On a Daily Basis, We Exemplify Our Guiding Principles
What sets Consolidated Container Company apart from any other company is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people.
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seek Fulfillment in Your work
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allow our employees to feel valued and excited about the impact Consolidated Container Company has on both consumers and clients who use our products. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
Consolidated Container Company is committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and Roth feature, CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to have a work life balance ensuring they are at their best in whatever they do. We offer a generous holiday, vacation and time off program as well as opportunities to contribute to our local communities and broader scale sustainability efforts.
In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions, seminars and a generous tuition reimbursement benefit.
To finish bottles and related packaging in a safe manner and to efficiently produce quality and cost effective parts, also, to contribute to a co-operative work environment where fairness, equity and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
All responsibilities however have not been included, nor could they be. Your supervisor may from time to time ask you to perform other related duties not specifically included in this description and you may be asked to move to Blow Moulding department or to Filling department as and when needed. Likewise, this description will be revised when required to meet current business needs.
Quality and Production
- Performs visual and physical instructions to ensure that all production pieces and related packaging meet quality standards by:
- Following the job instructions provided by the Supervisor/ or Quality Technician.
- Ensuring that all production and finished pieces are the same as the sample provided and the specification sheet.
- Complete the appropriate periodic quality checks as instructed and inform Supervisor/ or Quality Technician immediately if these checks are observed to be not as per specification.
- Inform Supervisor/ or Quality Technician when quality and/or equipment problems occur by:
- Immediately informing the Supervisor/ or Quality Technician of any visual and/or physical defects in production pieces that appear at your work station.
- Upon indication of malfunctioning equipment, immediately informing your Supervisor and ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN TRAINED shut the machine off.
- Inspect and pack containers to meet Company standards by:
- Meeting daily job assignment standards, as shown on the specification sheet.
- Inspecting pieces for any visual defects.
- Ensuring that no defective pieces are packed.
- Label or sleeve application, making boxes or preparing bulk bags and palletizing bulk package to quality and quantity standards by:
- Ensuring labels, sleeves, and containers are as per sample provided and the specification sheet.
- Palletizing skids as per specification sheet.
- Operate all finishing equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with safety instructions.
Ensure there are no production or quality interruptions or errors due to your lack of giving or seeking information by fully informing the Supervisor/ or Quality Technician of all events affecting production.
- Ensure that your work area is cleaned of debris, and all paperwork is completed properly before leaving for the day.
- Follow Company safety rules as per Supervisor’s instructions including wearing personal protective equipment 100% of the time, and ensuring that all procedures are followed.
- Take action to correct or remove all workplace hazards and unsafe work conditions by:
- Taking action where qualified.
- Reporting to Supervisor where necessary.
Security and Housekeeping
- To ensure that no unauthorized people enter the plant and verify that all doors are locked and lights and equipment, etc. are turned off when required.
- Ensure that the workplace is clean and safe at all times
- All information pertaining to the Company is to be kept confidential.
Skills required are good communication skills, reliable and punctual, ability to follow instructions easily, knowledge of health & safety and production awareness.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department and other designated areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.