Ideal Start Date: As soon as possible
Length: Initial 6-month contract
Work Location: Calgary
Reporting to the Manager of Development, the VB.Net Developer will be responsible for assisting with the end to end programming, implementation and maintenance, and execution of an application(s) in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with company/department procedures and standards, all within an Agile environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Partner with PMs, BAs, QA, and Database Administrators to collaborate on database design for efficient integration with applications
- Work under the project direction of the International and local groups to develop work plans to accomplish systems projects in accordance with department and business priorities
- Collaborate with business leaders, vendors and operational teams (internal/external/on and off-site) to ensure project status updates and escalated issues are understood, status updates are clearly communicated, and ensure that suitable resolutions/workarounds are developed
- Design, develop and modify tables, reports and screen changes based upon approved modifications to design
- Perform maintenance to existing application systems and technical documentation in an effective and timely manner
- Document all procedures and processes used throughout projects and enhancements as well as exercising adherence to coding standards as established by the team
- Help embrace change by complying to industry standard best practices whenever feasible
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Programming, and/ or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training and professional experience
- 5-8 years of Development experience
- Strong web and Client/Server skills in a VS2013+ environment with C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, and MVC as the main coding languages
- Working knowledge of source control tools (i.e.: SVN, TFS)
- Working knowledge of SSMS, SSRS, SSIS and strong skills with TSQL
- A strong understanding of Object-Oriented development principles and methodologies
- An appreciation of ITIL/COBIT along with a working knowledge of Agile with a SCRUM focus
- Having worked in and being able to develop for Service Now would be an asset;
- SharePoint development capabilities are also a plus
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems, networking concepts and Office Suite
- Ability to understand existing patterns and standards quickly to ensure adherence
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."