VARD is a global designer and shipbuilder of many vessel types with shipyards and subsidiary offices located throughout the world. Within the VARD Group, Vard Electro is a leading system integrator delivering turnkey electrical systems and solutions for the global maritime industry. It offers a comprehensive set of services that cover the entire lifecycle of a vessel, from engineering through installation, integration testing and commissioning, to remote diagnostics, conversions and on-going field services to support operations and maintenance.
Are you looking for interesting, exciting, meaningful and challenging work? Are you agile and adaptable in your knowledge and skills? Then VARD Electro Canada is looking for you. We are seeking motivated, dedicated, brilliant people to help grow our Canada business. Versatile people who can look beyond their job titles to make a difference.
Position: VEC1816 Electrical Designer Drafter (2 to 6 years of experience)
Reports to: Engineering Manager / Project Manager
Location: Greater Vancouver area
Responsibilities and duties include:
· Provide concept and detail design of ship electrical and control systems,
· Prepare electrical, controls, instrumentation layout drawings in AutoCad
· Review supplier documents and integrate into design
· Perform design checks and reviews to meet quality control and assurance requirements
· Liaise with clients and build trusting relationships
· Assess work progress and performance using earned value management
· Manage change and risk with accepted processes
· Support construction, build, commissioning and testing
· Recognized post-secondary education such as electrical engineering diploma or similar
· Trained in AutoCad and other CAD and design automation software
· Experienced in shipbuilding, marine or similar industry
· Experienced with electrical and control systems on ships including generators, power distribution, switchboards, breakers, motor controls, variable speed drives, passive and active harmonic filters, EMC management, fire protection, public address, lighting, grounding, cable management, data networks
· Fluent in written and verbal English with excellent communication and technical writing skills
· Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
· Meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian Government security clearance
Knowledge & Skills:
· Knowledge of Classification Society rules and regulations, international electrical standards and design symbology
· Power distribution design such as one line & 3 line diagram, protection and control schematics
· Active use of software for electrical design, lighting design & calculations
· Physical layout design of equipment, tray, lighting, instruments, fire protection, controls
· Design of cable block, wiring and termination diagrams, cable schedules, motor and control schematics, electrical drive systems, panel layout and schedules
· Material take-offs, data sheets
Please send resume to email@example.com with VEC1816 Application in subject line.
Only successful applicants will be notified.