At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Vegetation Ecologist to join our Biophysical team on a seasonal basis based in Edmonton, Calgary, or Saskatoon.
An overview of your role will include:
- Conducting summer fieldwork for vegetation and wetland programs throughout Alberta and potentially in Saskatchewan, Manitoba or Northern Canada
- Supporting other biophysical disciplines as needed
- Work in the office may also be required between field shifts
You will have a background in:
- Technical diploma or B.Sc. in biological sciences, or equivalent, with emphasis on ecology, plant ecology and/or wetland ecology
- 1-2 seasons of relevant field experience and skills, including plant identification skills for native and non-native species in wetland and upland communities in prairie, parkland and boreal landscapes
- Basic GIS skills and understanding with wetlands/vegetation mapping experience is an asset
- Experience with navigation using aerial photographs, satellite imagery and GPS units
- Willingness to work in the field in remote locations for extended periods of time
- A driver's license and clean drivers abstract
- Training and experience in pulling trailers, driving ATVs, Argos or equivalent is considered an asset
- Valid safety tickets such as Standard First Aid, H2S Alive, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Pipeline Construction Safety Training (PCST) or equivalent are beneficial
- Familiarity with the Alberta Water Act and Alberta Wetland Policy is an asset
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.